鬼魂走进唐僧禅房
The man walked into the Tang Monk’s room.
自称是乌鸡国国王
“I’m king of the Black Rooster Kingdom,” said the man.
五年前,我的国家遭遇了一场可怕的旱灾
“My kingdom suffered a horrible drought five years ago.
颗粒无收,饿殍遍野
Crops wouldn’t grow, and my people were starving.
一天,一个道士来到我的国家
One day a Daoist arrived in the kingdom.
他说他有很强的法力,可以求雨
He said he had great powers and could pray for rain.
道士虽然他所言,求得降雨,让大地焕发生机
“It rained for days, and our crops began to grow.”
后来,我便封道士为国师,兄弟相称
“After the Daoist brought the rain, we became close friends.”
一天,我们在御花园散步谈心,走近井旁
One day we were walking when I noticed a strange light coming from my well.
道士趁我不备,将我推入井中
I went to the well and looked in. Suddenly I felt someone push me in.
道士变作我的样子。听朝理事,治理国家
“The Daoist made himself look like me, and now everyone thinks he’s the real king.”
国王求唐僧师徒替他报仇
“My son, the prince, can bring all of you into the palace,” said the king.
太子明日将出宫游猎
“He will be out hunting tomorrow,” said the king.
并留下一件信物,说可凭借此物与太子相见
“Show him this.” The king held up a jade coin. This is the one royal treasure I still have. When my son sees it, he’ll know you’re telling the truth.”
唐僧把国王说的一切告诉了徒弟们
The monk told them everything that the king had said.
天亮后,只见皇城东门处闪出一路人马,原来是太子带人出城打猎
The next morning the prince went out hunting.
悟空变作一只白兔,将太子引进了宝林寺
He saw a white rabbit and shot an arrow. He missed and the rabbit ran. The prince chased the rabbit as it ran into a monastery.